Are you a qualified professional who takes exceptional pride in your work?
security systems estimator
The Security Systems Estimator position works closely with our sales team, clients, and project teams to provide an understanding of client needs and produce an estimate of materials and labor to provide the services to meet those needs.
- Interact with Sales, Project Team and Clients
- Review Request for Proposals (RFP) with Team
- Review Specifications of RFP
- Determine if the system as designed contains all components to make a full and working system
- Perform physical take-offs of plans for counts of materials
- Compile information to provide an accurate estimate of labor and materials
- Interact with Distributors and Manufacturers for product pricing
- Perform write up of services to be performed based on plans and specifications
- Utilize industry knowledge to assess RFP accuracy
- Conduct site surveys when necessary
- Design Systems when required
- Compile turn over documentation for Operations Team
- Prepare As-Built Drawings
- Prepare job specific submittals
- Prepare Change Orders as necessary
- Represent EES at Trade Shows and other Industry Events
- Working Knowledge of Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control and Burglar Systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Preferred to have 2 years of field experience
- Organized, Detailed and Accuracy Orientated
- Skillful in writing a detailed scope of work
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project)
- Industry Certifications encouraged
- Knowledge of Cabling Standards (EIA/TIA, BICSI)
- Structured Cabling and Audio/Visual experience a plus
Eastern Electrical Systems is seeking Security Technicians in our east coast region. The ideal Candidates must be able to install, repair and maintain a wide variety of electronic security and related electronic systems. Applicants must be proficient in Access Control, Video Surveillance & Recording, Intrusion Detection and PC/Network based security systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience as technician, technician apprentice, or relevant work experience
- Good Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent communicator; able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and work from ladders or man-lifts
- Satisfactory Driving Record
- Willing to travel if needed.
fire alarm technicians
Eastern Electrical Systems, a leading contractor in the fire protection industry, has immediate opportunities available for experienced Fire Alarm Technicians based out of the Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland area that are willing and able to travel. We specialize in large fire alarm systems and work in most states. Travel schedules and requirements vary by job. Travel is a requirement of the job.
As a member of our fire alarm and detection team you will be responsible for the installation, service and maintenance of fire alarm systems with a small part of your responsibility in security, networking, access control, nurse call systems and other low voltage systems. The focal point of our business is in the fire alarm industry, but applicants must be willing to work on and install necessary power supply and surge suppression equipment that would be tied to the fire alarm or security system.
One or More Licenses Ideal but not required
- At least 12 months of fire alarm, security or electrical experience
- A strong electrical troubleshoot background
- NICET Fire Alarm Level 1
- NICET Fire Alarm Level 2
- Apprentice Electrician
- Master Electrician
- State or Local Fire Alarm License
- The social skills necessary to properly interact with facility owners, fire departments and vendor representatives.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background check and reference check
- Travel variations
- Physically capable of lifting 40lbs, climbing ladders, and navigating facility mechanical and access areas